From "A Picture of Liverpool" published 1834
This edifice, which is situate in Great Richmond street, was erected at the expense of two private individuals, and was opened for divine service on the 25th of October, 1772. It is a neat plain building, formed of brick and stone, in the Gothic style of architecture. There are two rows of windows with ogee arches, and the principal entrance is at the south end, facing St Anne street.
The steeple consists of a plain square tower, adorned with pinnacles. Contrary to the custom of the established religion, this church is placed in a north and south direction. The inside is neatly pewed, and the galleries are supported by high cast iron pillars. The altar is placed at the south end, and is decorated with a painted glass windwo, which is well executed; and a small organ occupies the centre of the gallery at the north end. The exterior of this structure has recently been covered in stucco.